Make a report to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors
Contact our club welfare officer, email:
WHEN PLAYING FOOTBALL I WILL:
• Always play to the best of my ability and for the benefit of my team
• Play fairly – I won’t cheat, dive, complain or waste time
• Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager
• Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
• Be gracious in victory and defeat – I will shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
• Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
• Understand that a coach has to do what is best for the team and not one individual player
• Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, county FA or The FA:
• Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
• Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
• Be dropped or substituted
• Be suspended from training
• Be required to leave the club.
• My club, County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct • The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.
• Remember that children play for FUN
• Applaud effort and good play as well as success
• Respect the Referee’s decisions even when you don’t agree with them
• Appreciate good play from whatever team it comes from
• Remain behind the touchline and within the Designated Spectators’ Area
• Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
• Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
• Support positively and offer players encouragement not criticism
• Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken:
I MAY BE:
• Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
• Required to meet with the club, league or CFA Welfare Officer
• Required to meet with the club committee
• Obliged to undertake an FA education course
• Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
• Requested by the club not to attend future games
• Suspended or have my club membership removed
• Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
• The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/or suspension on the club.
COACHES, TEAM MANAGERS AND CLUB OFFICIALS
We all bear a collective responsibility to set a good example and help provide a positive environment in which children can learn and enjoy the game. Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct at all times.
ON AND OFF THE FIELD, I WILL:
• Use my position to set a positive example for the young people I am responsible for
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
• Respect the match official’s decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
• Be gracious in victory and defeat. WHEN WORKING WITH PLAYERS,
• Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
• Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
• Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA:
I MAY BE:
• Required to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
• Suspended by the club from attending matches
• Suspended or fined by the County FA
• Required to leave or be sacked by the club.
• My FA Coaching Licence may be withdrawn.